It is with great delight that we announce the outstanding achievements of our graduating Class of 2021. Throughout a very challenging school year for all students in Victoria, our results continue to get better and better. We are delighted to share with you the following news as we collectively congratulate the class of 2021 for their achievements both in Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) in a year like no other.
It within this context that we celebrate the breadth of accomplishment of our 2021 graduates:
- College Dux: Violet Bolton with an ATAR of 98.7
- Dux Secundus: Mia Spiteri with an ATAR of 98.4
- Median Score: 32 (above the State average - 30)
- % of Study Scores above 40: 10.8%
- % of ATAR scores above 95: 10%
- % of ATAR scores above 90: 23%
- Median ATAR score: 78.75 (above the State average - 67.74)
- Perfect score of 50 in Product Design Technology
- 11 Study Designs achieved study scores of 45 or higher
- 27 Year 12 students awarded the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award (highest for any school in Victoria)
- 3 students shortlisted for Top Arts exhibition in Product Design Technology, Visual Communication Design and Studio Arts
- 29 students were offered early entry positions as part of the Universities High Achiever Programs
Alongside these outstanding results, the Class of 2021 have demonstrated resilience, persistence, grit and optimism through their experience. These skills, developed through the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program and an intensive VCE, have clearly demonstrated their value this year and will hold them in good stead for life beyond Santa Maria College.
As we acknowledge that the gift of the Good Samaritan/Benedictine tradition equips students to embrace life with all its joys and struggles. Such a holistic approach to education carves the way for these young women to forge a life for the betterment of self and others. It is these characteristics that becomes the hallmark of a holistic and cherished education.
College Leadership Team