30 December 2020
It is with great delight that we announce the outstanding achievements of our graduating Class of 2020. Throughout a very challenging school year for all students in Victoria, our results continue to get better and better. We are delighted to share with you the following news as we collectively congratulate the class of 2020 for their achievements both in Victorian Certificate of Education (VCE) and Victorian Certificate of Applied Learning (VCAL) in a year like no other.
It within this context that we celebrate the breadth of accomplishment of our 2020 graduates:
• Joint Dux: Grace Ficinus with an ATAR of 99
• Joint Dux: Ashley Zhu with an ATAR of 99
• 17.5% of Year 12 students received an ATAR of 90+
• Over 40% of Year 12 students were in the top 20% of the state
• 9.7% of study scores above 40 (top 10% of state)
• An increase in our ATAR median to 75.9 (top 25% of the state)
Some other success stories to note:
• A perfect score of 50 in Business Management
• 4 students have been shortlisted for Top Arts in Product Design and technology, Visual Communication Design and Studio Arts
• 14 Year 12 Students were awarded the Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award
• 100% completion of VCAL units
Alongside these outstanding results, the Class of 2020 have demonstrated resilience, persistence, grit and optimism through their experience this year. These skills, developed through the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program, have clearly demonstrated their value this year and will hold them in good stead for life beyond Santa Maria College.
As we acknowledge that the gift of the Good Samaritan/Benedictine tradition equips students to embrace life with all its joys and struggles. Such a holistic approach to education carves the way for these young women to forge a life for the betterment of self and others. It is these characteristics that becomes the hallmark of a holistic and cherished education.
We wish you a Happy New Year and blessings for 2021.
Deborah M. Barker Carolyn McCarthy Jeremy Otto Joe McCarthy
College Principal Deputy Principal: Learning and Life Deputy Principal
Watch their flipgrid video on their experience so far.
From Clare, Stella and Lara via Flipgrid